March 23, 2016 – With many area schools soon beginning Spring Break, Blue Grass Airport is anticipating increased passenger volume over the next week. To begin your Spring Break vacation with ease, the airport is recommending passengers arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their flight's departure to allow ample time for parking, checking your baggage, security screening and the boarding process.
Spring Break travelers are encouraged to park in the airport's Overflow Parking area, which offers complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport terminal and a discounted rate of $42/week ($7/daily, if less than one week). Overflow Parking is located immediately on the right as passengers enter the airport property. For travelers who prefer not to take a shuttle, additional parking is available in the airport's short-term, long-term and economy lots.
To make your airport experience smooth, keep in mind the following travel tips:
• Check in for your flight on your airline website or mobile app. All airlines offer check-in up to 24 hours prior to a flight's scheduled departure. Save time and avoid waiting at the check-in counter!
• Follow @AskTSA on Twitter. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responding to passenger questions in real time from 7 am to 7 pm, EST.
• Remember TSA's 3-1-1 rule: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces or less per container and must be in one quart-sized, zip-top bag. Bags are available at Blue Grass Airport's security checkpoint. Keep in mind that suntan lotion and aerosol spray lotions fall under this rule!
• If you are traveling with young kids, stop by the Information Center for an airport coloring book and airplane. It's the perfect activity for young travelers during their flight!
• If you plan to travel with golf clubs or other sporting equipment, those items will need to be checked. Visit your airline website for information regarding applicable fees.
Important Note: For passengers who are parking their vehicles at the airport and will be traveling beyond April 4, 2016, please be aware that construction will be underway on a portion of the third floor of the parking garage. Vehicles remaining in the designated construction area beyond April 4 will be towed, so travelers should select one of the airport's other parking options.
Additional travel tips and a detailed Overflow Parking map are available online at bluegrassairport.com. For personal assistance, contact Blue Grass Airport's Information Center at 859.425.3100.