Preparing for Your Trip
- Avoid wearing clothing and accessories that contain metal such as heavy jewelry and large belt buckles. Metal items will likely set off the alarm on metal detectors.
- Carry-on baggage is limited to one bag plus a personal item such as a laptop, small backpack, briefcase or purse. For checked baggage, be sure to check with your airline on number of bags permitted and baggage weight restrictions.
- All bags should contain identification tags in case your bag is lost or misplaced.
- For a current list of permitted and prohibited items for carry-on baggage, visit the TSA website.
- Leave all gifts and packages unwrapped. If the item is chosen for inspection, it will need to be opened and unwrapped.
- Stay informed! Visit the FAA Airport Status page for real-time airport delays and closures. Check the latest weather forecast at www.weather.com for current conditions at your arrival and departure points.
Additional packing tips can be found on the TSA website. Be sure to check our security checkpoint tips as well.